Chicken, Mushroom & Leek Risotto
When I needed soft comfort food & with low temperatures, this is a favourite with a chilled glass of chardonnay.SERVES 4
( you can cook up a couple of chicken breasts & then chopped them up)
- 5 1/2 cups chicken stock (heated)
- 1 1/2 cups Arborio rice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 large chopped leek
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 cup of grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh parsley
- salt & pepper to taste
- Roughly chop all ingredients (I’m a rustic cook)
4. Using the same pot, add butter melt and add the rice and stir until the rice turns opaque - about two minutes.
5. Add the wine to the rice and stir frequently until the wine has been absorbed into the rice.
8. Cook rice this way until tender which should take about 25-30 minutes.
9. Just before the last batch of stock has been absorbed into the rice, add the chicken, leek and mushroom mixture back into the pot.
12. Serve immediately with a little parmesan
Perfect for someone who needs soft tasty food like me today .