When I've spent time in my sewing room all day, this makes the perfect quick meal
This is one of the easiest and tastiest garlic prawns I've made and so Quick.
It takes longer to peel the prawns & cook the rice than to cook the prawns.
Garlic PrawnsServes 4
750g uncooked prawns ( buy 1kilo raw prawns by the time you peel them its roughly 750g)
1 large clove garlic or 2 if you like garlic
1 cup chicken stock
2 T white wine
1 T flour
½ c cream
1/2 t mustard
1 T chopped fresh parsley
Serve with boiled rice
It takes about 10 minutes to cook prawns, so cook rice first, while rice is cooking peel prawns, by the time you have peeled all the prawns, it will then be time to cook them. Meal cooked in around 30 minutes and smells and taste devine.1. Heat butter & crush garlic in pan
2. Add flour stir until combines. Remove from heat
3. Gradually add chicken stock, cream and wine and stir until combined.
4. Return pan to the heat and stir until the sauce thickens and boils
5. Add mustard and season with salt and pepper
6. Bring the sauce to the boil and add the prawns
7. Cook for 5 minutes or until the prawns are cooked.
8. Add the parsley and stir until combined.
9. Serve on a bed of rice